Wednesday 20 July 2011

Heat & Apple

Well, it's Hump-Day here (Wednesday) and we're suffering through a mammoth heat wave in Toronto. In fact, I think the whole damn eastern seaboard is suffering from it but who cares about them...especially when I feel like this....

I mean on Sunday it got to something like 37deg C with a Humidex of 10 over that...so yeah...sweat was running in places where it shouldn't EVER be !!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, we have Apple who just released their astronomical financial reports. Turns out that Apple makes more money per second than...well...anyone it seems...

I've heard that they have something like $75 Billion in cash, on hand... In case of what I'm not sure, I imagine that Steve Jobs could have a brain fart and decide on a whim to go and play poker with Toby McGuire who keeps the ante pretty high but come on...$75 Billion ? People in the USA are living in their cars, one quarter of all kids are living on food stamps and Apple's sitting on a cool pile just incase they need the money quick.


Now don't get me wrong, I love Apple's products. I love the design, I love the innovation etc. In fact, I'm typing this on my MacBook Pro (though it's dying quickly and I won't be able to afford another for a while) BUT....

At least they understand evolution....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts on what you read or ideas for future topics.